AMCS Offers Specific Program Focused on Working With Kids and Their Families
AMCS is now offering a specific program for marriage and family, professional clinical counselor, and registered associate social workers who are interested in exclusively working with at-risk children and their families at school sites where we provide counseling services.
This requires a one-year commitment of approximately 12 hours per week. This program is ideal for those associates who want to focus on acquiring experience and California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) hours working with children and families.
If you are a registered associate with the BBS and you are interested in this program please send your cover letter, resume, and a completed application to Bob Northcutt, LMFT, Recruitment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in becoming part of our innovative and vibrant mental health organization? If so, we are always looking for talented interns and professionals. We are seeking therapists interested in being licensed as Psychologists, MFTs and Clinical Social Workers. Both practicum students and registered associates are welcome to apply. We are renowned for excellent supervision and training. Various specialized training programs, including work with children, couples, families, adolescents and immediate intervention are available. Applicants are accepted throughout the year with starting dates in March and September. The training program encompasses an inclusive worldview, which assists trainees/associates in working with people of varying worldviews, and backgrounds, some of which may differ from their own.
What You Need to Know About Airport Marina Counseling Service
AMCS provides an exceptional clinical experience with outstanding supervision, a clientele representing the diversity of Los Angeles, and a number of specialty training programs. We work from psychodynamic, developmental theories, with careful attention to the family system.
What We Offer You, the Therapist in Training:
- Flexible Hours – open 7 days a week and 4 evenings (Monday through Thursday) in order to accommodate your busy schedule
- Individual and Group Supervision – meets all governing board requirements
- On-going Training – required bi-weekly, two-hours classes on a broad range of topics. Interns are welcome to suggest subjects of interest
- Community Atmosphere – emphasis is on service to our clients and training for our therapists in an instructive and supportive environment
- In-depth Introductory Training – for graduate students who want a solid foundation in clinical work
- Diversity of Clients – we encourage our clinicians to develop treatment plans based on diagnosis, theoretical assessments and cultural awareness to fit their clients’ needs regardless of the length of treatment
What We Expect From You, the Therapist:
- A one-year or two-year commitment for 12 to 20 hours each week
- One full weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) until 3:00 pm
- One to two evenings from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm to provide therapy for clients
- Participation in one 6-10 month Certificate Training Program working with couples, running groups, middle school and club services. Certificate Program choices are: Children and Families; Immediate Intervention; and High School based services.
- Your determination to become an expert psychotherapist
Become A Training Therapist at AMCS